Friday, February 29, 2008

"Missing You (Extended Version)" - John Waite

1984 brought John Waite this #1 single for one week. It was a love-letter to his wife in England while he was in America doing the things musicians do like getting wasted and taking the groupies for a test-drive. I kid. Tina Turner and Rod Stewart are just a couple of artists that have covered this song but I don't care much for either of those versions. 2 years ago he re-recorded this track with Alison Krauss but it wasn't met with much success on the country charts. 1989 saw the formation of the band Bad English with former Journey guitarist Neal Schon after Waite's solo career stalled. They also hit #1 with, "When I See You Smile". Wasn't long after Bad English released their 2nd disc that they broke up though. Waite still records and tours on his own and is living in Santa Monica, California today. The mix runs 7:00.

Main line:

3 comments:

私が告白した:私は利用された said...

I have never heard the extended version of this track although it is one of my all time favourite from 1984. Thanks so much! BTW I have problem loading the page from zshare...

Uncle Mike said...

It's the same one that loads from the sharebee link. I know a lot of people don't like zshare (personally I've never had any trouble with it) so I use them both while still posting the direct link to zshare for the benefit of those that do.

Mariusa said...

Great version !! I hadn't heard it since 20 or 15 years ago!!!.-

Thanks for those gems and memories!!!, Mario

Related Posts with Thumbnails