Friday, January 18, 2008

I DO want to drag up the past...

"What About Love (Extended Version)" - Heart

Finally, an update. Heart used to perform this version in concert. I remember hearing it on the King Biscuit Flower Hour not long after this single hit the radio in 1985. The self-titled LP this song came from sold over 5 milion copies. Did they sellout to mainstream pop? Most likely. I didn't care then and I still don't.

Personal sidenote: If anyone has the extended remix of "Nothin' At All", please let me know.


"Swept Away (Extended Mix)" - Diana Ross

Written by Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates. Those guys were unstoppable in the 80's. He also plays guitar and provides backup vocals. "Missing You" was the bigger hit from this album, but this is certainly the one I favor.

"That Was Yesterday (Extended Remix)" - Foreigner

From the "Agent Provacateur" LP. This wasn't their biggest selling album (see "4" ) but it did give the group their biggest single , "I Want To Know What Love Is". This song peaked at number 12 on the U.S. charts. Cool remix.

3 comments:

Logan said...

Dear Uncle Mike.....I have "I want to know what love is 12" Remix from Foreginer. If you are interested, email me....lmrl@hotmail.com

Uncle Mike said...

Thank you so much for offering logan, but I have that one already. I also have the "Reaction To Action" maxi-single and I hope to be posting it soon (As soon as I can record them from vinyl!)Thanks again.

私が告白した:私は利用された said...

I have the extended version of NOTHIN' AT ALL. How do I send it to you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails