Thursday, April 1, 2010

Atari fever.

Atari Force #1-5
To tie in with the hugely popular Atari home video gaming console in 1982, DC Comics came up with Atari Force. The first series was released packed in with actual Atari games. Issue 1 came with Defender and subsequent books followed in the games Berzerk, Star Raiders, Phoenix and Galaxian. The comics had an all-star cast of creators. Roy Thomas (X-Men and Avengers veteran writer) and Gerry Conway (creator of the Punisher and the guy who killed Gwen Stacy in Amazing Spider-Man) were the scribes with art by Ross Andru, the legendary Gil Kane, Mike DeCarlo and the very recently late Dick Giordano. Are the books cheesy? You know it. The nostalgia of it all is fantastic though and I have many fond memories of these books just like I do with the majority of what I post here. There's more Atari/DC Comics ventures and you will see them all here in the (hopefully near) future. I hear you music lovers out there crying out, "Don't forget us!", and to that I say: "I fart in your general direction NEVER!". Indulge your ol' Uncle Mike.
Download

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails