Monday, February 22, 2010

Yo Yippy.

"I Wanna Be A Cowboy (12 inch Saddle Mix)" - Boys Don't Cry
Inspired by the Spaghetti Westerns that I love so much, here comes one-hit wonder Boys Don't Cry with this campy #12 hit from 1985. The band was discovered by talent scout (now remixer) Paul Oakenfold in London. Their name came from a line used in 10cc's "I'm Not In Love" (and later on the full-length version of "Cry" by 10cc's Godley & Creme). It's widely speculated by smart-asses like me that The Man With No Name's name is, in fact, Ted. Don't laugh at his mule either. TT: 6:02 @ 320 kbs.

2 comments:

Captain Fancypants said...

Yes, sadly I went out and brought this back then. I also reviewed the song on our site!
http://www.cleavagedownunder.com/?p=1576
But a great catchy song!
Keep up the great work over here.

Captain from CDU - the band

Uncle Mike said...

I hear ya Captain. I'd like to see one of your shows sometime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails